Perth City Skyline. © Photo by Tourism Western Australia
Expo PRIZES - RELOCATION BENEFIT
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all international students who sign the contract with one of the exhibitor’s agencies until the end of September 2021 to relocate to Perth until March 2022.
The Promoter is Come To Perth (Promoter). www.cometoperth.com.au.
By entering this promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (Terms) and the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion may refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- By relocating to Perth through Come To Perth agencies during the promotional period (5), each student (Eligible Entrant) will instantly win credit towards their relocation. The prizes per student include: 1.1 $250 Flight Ticket credit; 1.2 $250 Accommodation credit; 1.3 Promotional benefits vary per exhibitor and can be described on the exhibitor’s page.
- Prizes are non-transferable, not extendable, and are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Come To Perth.
- Come To Perth accepts no responsibility for any lost, misplaced, or misdirected prizes.
- The promotion period commences at 12pm Monday 24th May 2021 and ends at 5pm Thursday 30th September 2021, AWST (“Promotional Period”).
- The Eligible Entrant must be an international student aged 18 years or over, with a valid visa.
- The student (Eligible Entrant) must have registered and participated in one of the two expo days (22 June 2021 and 29 June 2021).
- The student (Eligible Entrant) must sign the relocation contract with the chosen agency until 30 September 2021, and
- The student must move to Perth no further than 31 March 2022.
- Any personal information or contact details are entered incorrectly;
- Any person living in Western Australia.
- They are employees of any exhibitor or sponsor.
- If for any reason the Promoter believes the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Terms or the Promotion requirements, the Promoter may, in its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to award the prizes.
- Student must claim the awarded Flight Ticket and Accommodation credit upon arrival in Perth within 14 business days.
- $250 Flight Ticket credit will be redeemed as cashback and handled to the student upon arrival in Perth by the chosen agency.
- $250 Accommodation credit will be arranged by the chosen agency and can be claimed as:
- 2 weeks accommodation at Campus Perth on arrival in Perth*; or
- $250 cashback which will be handled to the student upon arrival in Perth by the chosen agency.
- * Families are not allowed at Campus Perth so, $250 cashback will automatically be selected as the option for the accommodation credit.
- Promotional benefits offered to the students throughout the expo will be valid upon a signed service contract with one of the agencies involved before 30 September 2021, as described on General Conditions.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss of opportunity; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any tax liability incurred by a winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt-out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
a) Agency means a participating agency which facilitates students’ visa application and enrolment at a Perth education provider, and is either, FYME (ABN 29 634 702 515), DJ Student Services (ABN 11 628 140 025), LMB Education (ABN 88572768306), or Studywest Education Services Pty Ltd (ABN 54 617 459 417).
b) Day 1 means day 1 of the Expo held on 22 June 2021.
c) Day 2 means day 2 of the Expo held on 29 June 2021.
d) Eligibility Criteria means the following criteria that must be met in order to be eligible for the Relocation Benefit:
i) you must be an international student already living in Australia at the Start Date, but not living in Western Australia;
ii) you must be at least 18 years or older at the Start Date;
iii) you must register, attend and participate in either Day 1 or Day 1 of the Expo;
iv) an Agency must, by the End Date, have facilitated your enrolment at a university in Perth, have facilitated your visa application, and (where the Agency is not us) provided us with written notice that these two facilitations have taken place); and
v) during or before the Promotional Period, you may not be the employee of any exhibitor or sponsor of the Expo, (a list of exhibitors or sponsors is available at https://cometoperth.com.au/exhibitors/, as updated from time to time).
e) End Date means 5:00pm AWST on Thursday 30th September 2021.
f) Expo means the ‘COME TO PERTH’ online expo and includes Day 1 and Day 2.
g) Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control and includes but is not limited to epidemics, pandemics and Government sanctioned restrictions and orders, whether known or unknown at the Start Date. We will use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or minimise any Force Majeure Event. An act or omission will be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
h) Participant means a person who participates in the promotion described in these Terms.
i) Promotional Period means the period starting on the Start Date and ending on the End Date.
j) Relocation Benefit means $500 (which we recommend you use to cover the amount you have spent on flights to Perth and accommodation at Campus Perth).
k) Start Date means 12:00pm AWST on Monday 24th May 2021.
l) Terms means these terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them.
m) we, us and our means Fyme Pty Ltd ABN 29 634 702 515.
n) you and your means the person who accepts these Terms.
2) Acceptance: You accept these Terms by signing and returning these Terms to us (including electronically).
3) Promotional Period: The Eligibility Criteria must be met during the Promotional Period in order for any Participant to be eligible for the Relocation Benefit.
4) Maximum number of Relocation Benefits. A maximum of one Relocation Benefit is available per Participant. We will award the Relocation Benefit to the first 50 Participants who meet the Eligibility Criteria. At our discretion, we may allow additional Participants to be eligible for the Relocation Benefit.
5) Receiving your Relocation Benefit: If the Eligibility Criteria are met during the Promotional Period, and once we have cross checked the registration and participation list of the Expo to determine whether you participated in the Expo, the Relocation Benefit will be sent to you within 14 days of the Agency confirming that you have arrived in Western Australia. Other conditions:
6) Fraudulent actions: Any attempts to fraudulently enter this promotion or fraudulently meet the Eligibility Criteria, or other behaviour that is not in line with the intent of the promotion, is prohibited. If we become aware, or have reason to suspect, that you have fraudulently interfered with the promotion or breached these Terms, you will become ineligible to receive the Relocation Benefit, and, where we have already provided you with a Relocation Benefit, you agree to refund any amount already paid to you by us.
7) Relocation Benefit conditions: The Relocation Benefit cannot be refunded, transferred, exchanged or given to another person.
8) Amendments: We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of the Relocation Benefit or amend the Relocation Benefit or these Terms at any time in our sole discretion. If our offer of the Relocation Benefit is withdrawn or amended, we will honour any Participants’ satisfaction of the Eligibility Criteria prior to our offer being withdrawn or amended and give the Relocation Benefit to such Participants.
9) Publicity: By accepting a Relocation Benefit, you agree, upon our request, to participate in promotional activity in connection with the Expo, your university, your move to Perth, and your experience with the Relocation Benefit, including by providing comments, a photo or video clip of yourself. You also agree that we may use your name, image, photographs, comments and feedback (Content) for promotional and publicity purposes without reference to you and for no payment or royalty. You also grant to us a sublicensable, transferable, perpetual licence to use the Content in any form and agree to the infringement and waiver of your moral rights in the Content.
10) Exclusion of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall have no liability for an Agency’s failure to provide us with any confirmation of your visa application or university enrolment, any acts or omissions of an Agency, any website failure, any malfunction of computers, servers or providers, communications and facilities, any tax liability incurred by you in connection with the Relocation Benefit and any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) caused in any way by participating in this promotion.
11) Non-Excludable Guarantees: Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
12) Consequential Loss: Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable under these Terms or otherwise for any special, indirect or consequential loss or any loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use (including both real and anticipatory) and/ or loss or corruption of data, however arising, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
13) Liability: Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including the Non-Excludable Guarantees), to the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our respective officers, employees and agents) will not be liable to you for, and you indemnify, waive and release us in respect of any and all liability (including but not limited to all expenses, costs, damages, claims, and losses) arising in any way out of or in connection with:
a) your acts or omissions;
b) any breach of these Terms by you;
c) any Force Majeure Event;
d) you being unable to use any or all aspects of the Relocation Benefit;
e) any personal injury or loss;
f) claiming the Relocation Benefit;
g) use of the Relocation Benefit in any way; or
h) any tax liability incurred by the recipient of any Relocation Benefit.
14) Force Majeure: If performance of the promotion, provision or use of the Relocation Benefit (or any part of it), or any obligation under these Terms is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by a Force Majeure Event, and if as a result we are unable to carry out our obligations or to provide you with the Relocation Benefit (or any part of it), we may in our absolute discretion, subject to any written directions made under any applicable legislation, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative bonus to the same value as the original Relocation Benefit. We will give public notice of such an event through our website and that the promotion has been cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended.
(i) how we store and use personal information;
(ii) how individuals can access and seek correction of their personal information;
(iii) how an individual can make a privacy-related complaint; and
16) Disputes: A party may not commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from these Terms (Dispute) without first meeting with the other party to (in good faith) resolve the Dispute. If the parties cannot resolve the Dispute at that meeting, either party may refer the matter to a mediator. The parties agree to attend the mediation in good faith. The costs of the mediation will be shared equally between the parties. Nothing in this clause will operate to prevent a party from seeking urgent injunctive or equitable relief from a court.
17) Jurisdiction: These Terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
18) Currency: Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to the promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.